- QWhen can applicants expect to receive results?
- A A letter will be sent to successful applicants toward the end of December 2019.
*Please note that we cannot answer any questions related to process of selection.
*The personal information provided in the submitted documents will be used solely for recruitment and not for any other purpose.
- QI am a full-time assistant professor. Can I apply for this fellowship?
- A Yes, you can. However, preference is given to early career researchers who have not yet held a full-time permanent academic post.
- QWhat is offered to a fellow?
- A In addition to a monthly salary of approximately JPY 350,000, which is subjected to taxation, social insurance and other deductions in accordance with Japanese law, the fellow will be entitled in our health and social insurance system. Shared working space and access to office facilities and library resources at Kyoto University will be also provided.
- QWhat will be expected of me as a fellow?
- A You are expected to conduct your own research activities, write ASEAN Research Platform Working Paper Series and publication outcomes, organize seminars, and etc. in collaboration with CSEAS faculty. We look forward to your active contribution to our program.
- QDo I need to find a host professor from CSEAS before applying?
- ABefore submission, it is not necessary to find a host professor from CSEAS. However, you should familiarize yourself with the work of professors at CSEAS and potentially get in touch with some of them with whom you would like to work.
- QI have submitted my PhD thesis and still waiting for evaluation. Am I eligible to apply for this fellowship?
- AWe can accept applications from those who do not have a certification of PhD as of April 2020, the starting date of employment. However, we have a preference for applicants who will have their PhD before the start of the fellowship. If you have not received your PhD by the time of application please explain when you expect to receive it.
- QMy field is not listed in the application website. Am I eligible to apply for this fellowship?
- AOur program aims to develop ‘transdisciplinary studies’ and thus we are open to applicants from a wide variety of disciplines. However, if your field is not listed on the website, please explain how it is related.
- QCan I apply for fellowship via email or post, instead of online?
- AThis online application system is the only method that you can apply for 2020 CSEAS Postdoctoral Fellowship. If you have any special circumstances, please contact us at [postdoc @ cseas.kyoto-u.ac.jp].